As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Sunday, June 28, 2015

A Rainy Day of Fun and Friends

I love rainy days but rainy days in Toronto... holy L-O-V-E!!!
Deciding to meet a friend at the corner of Dundas and Yonge when it's the day of the Pride Parade, loved the sights and awesome energy but not so much the struggle of trying to make my way through the crowd.
The street was busting at the seems with people... seriously busting with people!!!
But in all the craziness of the crowd, I ended up running into this lady -- a friend from high school.
We played field hockey together back in high school.
Her and her friends were hosting a Pride party so they invited me to come out.
Their apartment was packed with people just like the streets... good times!
Finally met up with the friend I had intended to see.  She's so pretty.
We got out of the crowd and headed to a local bar for lots of girl time and chatting.
...and we indulged in some not-so-clean eating.  Hey, I'm on vacation and I've been very good.
Ended the long day with a nice walk home under the lights of the city.  I love Toronto!!!

No comments: