As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Goodies I Missed and a Good Friend I've Missed

Went up to my old stomping grounds, the much loved Bloor West Village.  It was a bitter sweet walk down memory lane though, seeing the Starbucks where all my buddies used to hang out at and all the shops I used to love.  It's changed a lot and I still love it but it's only going to change more once I'm gone.
Headed for the Chapters bookstore and low and behold it's now a massive Shoppers so I decided to check it out.  It was like a sensory overload of goodies and Western things Korea lacks.
Perhaps it's best that these aren't in Korea.  They would be the krypotnite to my clean eating!!!
...as would this isle.  I don't care for sweets really but I do like some fine chocolate every once in awhile.
Now THIS is what I need in Korea, hair dye that doesn't come in every shade of black under the sun but instead has REAL colours, like reds, browns and blondes.
 Better stock up on these before I go -- deoderant and Crest toothpaste.
Crest whitening strips?!  Oh to be so spoiled and have these so easily available!!!
 I'll be the first to admit I don't like to take meds and always try to wait it out if I have any problem but a big part of that has to do with not exactly knowing what I'm taking in Korea.  Now I'm not exactly a fan of Benylin, I like NyQuil, but Claritin is a much needed thing during spring because of all the pollen and sand from China that drives my nose completely bonkers.
 And well hello!!!  Spotted some new Western goodies that I wouldn't mind taking with me. Met up with a friend and his gorgeous girl for dinner.
The last time I saw him was in Korea.  He visited before we built Hulk's but he's planning on visiting us next year and I'm already so super excited.
Had to snap a picture of her arm... love, love, LOVE tattoos!

No comments: