As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Wednesday, July 01, 2015

Celebrating my First National Holiday, Canada Day... Wednesday, July 1

 Shoes bought in two different countries but pretty much the same pair just different style.
 My niece's love letter to Snickers.
She wrote it on a small piece of paper so that I could hold it safe in my pocket when I return to Korea.
My big brother and his little ladies.  They are his world.
  I love being the cool aunt though I must admit I have to be a more consistent cool aunt; have to stay in better touch while I'm in Korea.  Today I joined them for supper and together we burned off dinner with piggy back rides, giggling and tickling.
 Love these little ladies to p-i-e-c-e-s!!! 
We headed out to a special Canada Day festival down by the lake and one of the things at the festival was a petting zoo... lamas, chickens, donkeys, and yes... goats!  Here's a cute lama enjoying the attention.
There was also live music playing so the little ladies and I did some dancing together.
 The Bere fam, with me being sat on... hahaha.  I think that was their attempt at trying to keep me warm.
 My attempt at keeping the oldest one warm, make a pair of pants/bodysuit out of one of my sweaters.
 My brother has three girls, as you can tell by the above pictures, and I think they're all super cool and ultra awesome in their own way.  They're just so different.  I think the oldest one and me kind of click more so than the others though.  She already shares my passion for running.  Snickers, on the other hand, is all about the middle one.  He loves her so much.
 The Canada Day festival ended with a massive fireworks display that was awesome.  Ya for Whitby!
 Today marked the first national holiday I have celebrated in Canada since, I don't know, I think Christmas 2005 and what better holiday to celebrate than Canada Day with my dad, my brother and his wife, and my three amazing nieces.

No comments: