As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Western Goodies... Tuesday, June 30

They say you don't miss something till it's gone and this has been a reoccurring theme during my visit to Canada.  Whether it's something as insignificant or small as prewashed spinach or being able to speak in English to strangers or big like friends I haven't seen for a long time, seeing my nieces or training at my old gym System Fitness, I didn't realize how much I really longed for the things, the people and the places that I miss here in Canada.  

Did the mistake of walking into a Shopper's Drugmart and walking down the isles and isles of Western goodies, products and whatnot.  It was like a sensory overload and I'm sure I must have been labelled the crazy girl as I continually awed over and snapped pictures of all the things I'd love to stash in my suitcase.  I narrowed it down to three things, limited myself to that -- Crest toothpaste, Lady Speedstick deodorant and Reese Pieces Peanut Butter cups.  Life can continue without Reese Pieces, that's my sweet tooth craving, but I just have to have my Crest and Lady Speedstick.  If I were to go for a fourth item, I'd have to say it'd be a toss up between the Crest whitening strips and Whey Isolate Protein Gel (Gel on the Go). 

No comments: