As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Monday, June 29, 2015

More Friends and More Food

Jumped on the TTC and headed out to good old Chinatown to meet up with a university buddy.
We made quite the scene when we spotted each other.  I yelled his name from across the street and then, when the light turned, we crossed the street, we hugged, he picked me up, and I kicked up my feet.  He is one of the first friends I met at York University and now, after all these years, we're still friends.  Just this past month he graduated and is officially Doctor Colin.  I am so proud of him.
After lunch in Chinatown, we headed out for coffee in the super trendy Kensington market area.
In the early evening I went to my old gym in Bloor West Village, System Fitness, and who should I run into but one of my buddies whom I ALWAYS run into every single year I visit.
Huge shout-outs to the new owner of System Fitness for hooking me up with a sweet pass to train here for free (on account I posed for a boxing picture... hahaha).  
Oh how I've missed training at System -- best fitness gym e-v-e-r!!!
After training I met up with J.  He had been training at his club so we meet up -- two sweaty buddies.
Notice the water "glasses"... woozers.  Go big or go home!
I was craving a juicy, fat burger and while everyone has been trying to treat me to either Korean food or some kind of Asian food, it felt so good to finally feed this craving but check out the list of burgers!  I ended up ordering the First Date burger.
I think both J and I ordered our weight in food... hahaha.
Got to love Canada for being able to spruce up your orders!
Ditched the regular bun for a whole wheat and replaced the usual fries with some broccoli.  
I may be on vacation but I really don't care to kill my waistline.
It was a busy day, a fabulous day, and I ended it all with a ride home on the subway.

No comments: