As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, July 02, 2015

Fueling up on Fitness, Fun and Culture... Thursday, July 2

While out in Whitby, I've been training here at GoodLife Fitness.... open 24 hours!!!
One of the perks of training at this chain club is the pool.
 I don't use the basketball court, props to them for having one though, but I do love to come out here and do my leg workouts.
 This is my favourite part of the gym though, the group class studios.  When they're not hosting a class in them they're up for grabs for whomever wants to train in them.  I do my shadow boxing here.
 After training and eating, I then headed out for a pool party with some friends from my former church.
 A total of 11 showed up for the party.  I didn't really get pics of everyone though because I was like a little fish, swimming all around with the kiddies and diving off the deep end.
 Boo to everyone else who didn't swim... more water for me to splash around in, hahaha.
 Craziness here, see the girl on the left, I used to teach her Sunday School.
See the guy on the right, I grew up with him and used to push him around in a stroller.
Many years later, after I was already living in Korea, they fell in love, got married and had 2 kids.
See the little kids in the picture above this on, ya, that's their kids!
Later in the evening I got all dolled up and visited my mom.
Honestly, it felt so strange to see her name carved in the stone, under that of my jaja and baba (my grandparents).  I think it just made it feel so real to me, the fact that she's gone, and so I got choked up.
 Took my dad out on a little dinner and live theatre date.
We enjoyed some veggie-overload pitas and then watched Shakespeare in the Park, up in High Park.
 Julius Caesar was playing and it was awesome!
 Apparently we weren't the only ones who liked it.  The busting-at-the-seems crowd loved it!!!

No comments: