As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Training and Tats

Yesterday a new boxing buddy of mine at System taught me how to break into the stereo system in the room where I box at the fitness club so today I went and bought the needed wire and borrowed my agent's iPod.  Today the music was cranked!!!
This is my new girl friend, a wickedly fierce gal I'll now be referring to as Lady Kicka$$.
She's been doing Mauy Thai boxing for about 11 years and today we met up to train together -- boxing and then arms.  She's absolutely gorgeous and I love her attitude.
We took some video of us training which meant we had to pop on the lights.
We usually train in dim lighting so we had a bit of an audience once we got into it.
Then this happened... I almost peed my pants laughing.
Lady Kicka$$ had slipped on some water on the floor and landed.
She wasn't hurt, thankfully, but I thought it funny to tease her about it.
After training I headed back downtown for an appointment... a special appointment.
Shhhh... don't tell anyone.  I did something that I've been planning for awhile but hadn't actually told anyone I was going to do.  I only told Coach Brown and then I went for it.

No comments: