As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, August 01, 2015

Seoul for Food, Friends and Shopping


Headed out to Seoul to meet a special friend for breakfast.
He took me to this notoriously known breakfast joint where it was pure sensory overload for us both once the waiter approached the table and gave us the menus.
I tried to do a size reference with my hand beside my omlette but I don't think it did it justice because it was as fat as it was long.
Throw in a massive cup of coffee for me and woozers, it was a meal fit for a king.
Both my buddy and I have birthdays this week so we surprised each other with birthday gifts.  I bought him a journal to record and remember all the good memories that come with his new job as boxing coach/owner and a training top.  He bought me a sports bra, which for some may seem a bit inappropriate, but given that I'm a pro athlete trust me when I say I can never have too many sports bras!!!
After breakfast he took me to go check out his boxing club -- Bang Boxing.
I'm so proud of him.  Both he and I have been wanting to make our own boxing club for some time now and had attended the Seoul Business Start-Up School.  I have since opened up my club and now he has his.  We're both living the dream.
Indulge in a carb-loaded refuel day meal. 
Then it was off to Dongdaemoon in Seoul for some midnight shopping.
Parked right beside the set of "Neighbour Charles", the TV show we did with KBS.
I should have realized that shopping in the popular shopping district around the set would up the chances of people recognizing us but tonight it was rather silly just how many people picked us out.  

No comments: