As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Agency Wars VI... Wednesday, November 25

One of my good buddies hooked me up with guest tickets to tonight's Agency Wars.
The concept of Agency Wars is basically they take corporate business workers who have never boxed before, train them for 12 weeks, and then put them in the ring to fight.
It's all so very entertaining but it's also impressive just how intense the fights get.
I took my workout buddy Double J with me but wow, he looked nothing like what he does when he trains with me.  He looked absolutely gorgeous and I joked with him, asking him why he never wears that suit when we train... hahaha.
Ran into a familiar face just as I was about to leave which meant I didn't leave till well over an hour later -- Dillon Carman, Canadian heavy weight champ.  We had met on Saturday at the fights at the Hersey Centre.
Third time running into this amazingly talented five time heavy weight champion -- George Chuvalo.  He was at the fights with a friend of mine.  George is a big teddy bear and my dad is going to absolutely freak when he sees that I met up with him again because my dad is a big fan of him.  Awesome boxer, beautiful man.
And then I met some new fans... these pretty gals were so amazingly sweet to me!!!

The big event was being held at a night club -- Muzik.  It made for quite the elaborate space to host such an event.  The place was stunning!

I was particularly fond of the large beaded light fixtures that flashed different colours according to who won a match, blue or red.
And there was the screen that popped up the fighter's names.
Some of them really had a lot of fun coming up with catchy fighter names, like Jessica if this is right why does it feel so Wong. Fighter's name was Jessica Wong.
It was very cool to have been invited by my buddy and to see him in action, coaching all his fighters and getting right into the fights.  He loves it and I loved watching him.  Prior to the start of the fights I met up with him and he was just so pumped, so hyper!
There were a total of 14 fights with the first one being a rematch and then two main events.  It made for a long evening but it was such a blast.  Awesome event!!!

No comments: