As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Freedom is Mine... Tuesday, November 24

After a long day of coaching and training, I snapped this picture.

I had just got out of the subway station and turned onto my street when I looked up and saw this -- Christmas light decorations on some of the apartments and a big beautiful sky with the moon shining on me.  Friends and family of mine here who have never lived in Korea will never really understand the beauty of this scene nor will they fully appreciate what it means to be here celebrating holidays.  I feel like a deprived child, having not seen so much festivities is so long, but now I'm free to experience and enjoy it all.  Halloween was an overdose for me but I'm looking forward to Christmas!!!

To tell you the truth, I got a bit emotional taking this picture.  I feel so free.

No comments: