As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, November 28, 2015

Celebrating a Fabulous Club and Fabulous Coach... Saturday, November 28

Happy 3rd year anniversary to Paul Brown Boxfit and happy birthday Coach Brown!!!
Tonight a hired DJ stepped into the ring to pump out some beats while we all gathered to celebrate the special occasion.
Club members, friends, fans, and family showed up for the event -- the place was packed.
My sparring partner showed up looking gorgeous and she brought along her teammate from Cabbagetown, Tim.  Tim is a pro boxer but he's also the guy who cooks many of my post training meals -- he works at Sunset Grill with Coach Brown and I go eat.
And of course you know my girls showed up for the event.  Love these ladies.
My Polish Princess showed up looking fabulous!!!
Lately I've been really trying to focus in on my girl friends and life has been so much better because of it.  Boys are simply accessories in our lives but us girls, we're tight.
I love these ladies.  
They have definitely been my rock as I get myself grounded here in Toronto.
Ran into Max again -- my "date" for the Brawl on Bay" event.
He's only 14 but he's super cute, super sweet, and already quite the lady's man!
The man of the night was most definitely Italiano!  I haven't seen him for 6 years and for the past year or so I've been trying to get a hold of him because he was MIA.  Tonight he showed up and I screamed at the sight of him.  I couldn't hug him enough.
My two favourite neighbours showed up and that was pretty cool.  Great guys.
They've never been to a boxing club so they were all too excited to be able to step in the ring... too funny!
Ended the party with a hug with the birthday boy -- Coach Brown.

No comments: