As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Friday, November 27, 2015

Going Strong with Fierce Training and Friends... Friday, November 27

It's tradition now, got to take a before sparring picture!
I sported a shirt very dear to me, a shirt from my old boxing club -- EMBA.  That's where it all started for me, training with silver medalist Egerton Marcus.  This shirt has traveled with me to ever country I've visited, no word of a lie.
And then the post sparring picture.
In between sparring and weight training, I headed off to see none other than Egerton.  I missed this guy so much -- love this man!!!  Egerton has always been such a source of encouragement to me and we've stayed in touch even after all these years and miles apart.  Tonight I sat down with him and talk about my boxing training and Hulk's.  He definitely left me with a lot of food for thought.
Mama Marcus was there, Egerton's mom, and I cashed in on some heart-to-heart talk with her too.  She's such a beautiful woman.  Cashed in on some extra smiles before weight training with my girl Ginger Spice.  We met up for coffee before hitting the weights.
This is dangerous and in my world of clean eating this brick of brownie may as well be a drug because it's dangerous.  It's so bad it's good, so good it's bad.  Thanks to Ginger Spice for the unexpected home cooked dangerous deliciousness!!!

TODAY'S TRAINING:
12 rounds of sparring in the early morning, 7:30am.
Heavy bag work and weight training (chest, triceps and shoulders) in the late evening.

No comments: