As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, November 19, 2015

Things that Made Me Happy Today... Thursday, November 19

...discovering year-round caramilk chocolate eggs!!!
I remember my mom used to mail me chocolate Easter eggs to Korea and then Cutie Patootie did once too.  Today I discovered that one of the subway stations sells them and so I treated myself to one.  It brought back a lot of memories.
...seeing the massive Christmas tree at the Eaton Centre.
If Christmas is anything like Halloween was here in Toronto than it's going to be absolutely fabulous!  Already Christmas decorations are popping up in the city and it's not even December yet.
...having a dedicated workout buddy that gives me a sense of accountability and push.
Double J has become quite the workout partner for me.  We now do HIIT sprint work together in addition to boxing at System.  I've only ever once had a workout partner, Chi, and that was something like 13 years ago.  Double J is so much better though.
...being treated to a free post workout chicken swarma.
I'm kind of a chicken swarma junkie, I'm trying to quit.  I haven't been to my favourite chicken swarma place in about a month, which feels like forever, and the guys working there responded to me dropping by with a free chicken swarma on the house, nice.

No comments: