As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Friday, February 05, 2016

Feeding Off the Motivation and Encouragement of Others

Was anticipating sparring today, despite my doctor's orders, but woke up and my entire right arm was throbbing so I called off today's sparring.  
The above pic was the last little bit of my text conversation with my sparring partner.  
I had just told her I couldn't spar, she told me to get better and then said she was going back to sleep.
I was all dolled up during the day but back to my normal sporty-self by late afternoon.
I had errands and a few meetings to tend to today but what's a day 
without seeing one of my favourite girls -- Ginger Spice!!!
This is my discredit attempt at trying to take a picture of not us but actually the dude at the end of our table at Starbucks.  I then used the zoom feature to check out what his name was.
Thank you Starbucks for writing your customer's names on their cups.
Tried my best to casually get Nick (cutie with the cup) involved in our conversation but then he popped in his earphones when some random girl sat down beside him.
In the evening I headed over to Cabbagetown Boxing to watch Fight Club.
There was only a small crew out to this week's Friday Night Fight Club but what they lacked in numbers they definitely made up for in fierceness.
These female fighters never cease to inspiring me.
After Fight Club I then went to System for late night training.
Left there around 11pm with Mr.T.  Had a quick but motivational chat with him in his truck and then it was off to the subway to get home.

No comments: