As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Friday, February 05, 2016

Nothing Is Right About the Right Side... Friday, February 5

I didn't have sparring today and I didn't have Fight Club either, all because I'm officially on the injured list and unofficially sporting a fractured hand.

I slept funny on my hand last night, accidentally of course, and woke up to my entire arm throbbing.  My right ankle hurts, my right knee is wonky this week, my right hand is most likely fractured, and now my whole right arm is throbbing.  There just isn't anything right about the right side of my body this week.  My left side is right -- pain free and injury free.

I showed up for Fight Club but solely to watch, help push, and motivate those fighters who were participating.  It was such a tease though, not being able to step in the ring with the other female fighters.  I made up for my frustration of having to sit out on my boxing training via getting in a solid upper body workout.  I trained till exhaustion right up to when System closed and then made my way home.

Fight night at the fitness club, now that's my kind of night and my kind of club.

No comments: