As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Sunday, April 17, 2016

A Beautiful Sunday Stroll at the Lake

Had a visit from my dad today -- my Papa Bere.
My dad is a pretty awesome man and that's not me being biased.  My friends will back me up here, no problem.  And what do you do when a pretty awesome person visits you, you take them to a pretty awesome place -- the lake.
We definitely weren't the only ones down by the lake today.
With the weather being so incredibly beautiful the lake shore path was packed
with people all out enjoying the weather, the lake and each other.
Not too sure on the safety of such a kid-packed park but ok.
Lots of people lounging lakeside.
They do this in Korea actually, at Seoul's N Tower.  Couples put locks on the wired fence.  I think this is a new thing here in Canada but seeing it definitely made me think of Korea.  I once put a lock on N Tower, with Snickers..... hmmm, no comment there.
Ah the lake, one of my most favourite of favourite places to be!!!

No comments: