As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, April 28, 2016

Everything For a Purpose, a Focus

In an attempt to drink more water, other then that which I drink in my coffee, I have this.  It's a two liter water bottle that I'm going to fill up every day, toss in some lemons, and try to chug back.  Plan is to up it to drinking TWO of these a day.
Speaking of coffee.... coffee time with my girl, Ginger Spice.
Tried out a new cardio exercise idea I got from someone who's well educated in kicking people's butts and does so on a professional level and regular bases -- a manager at a downtown Goodlife.
He had told me to set the treadmill at its highest incline and then walk on it for 30 minutes without holding onto the side bars.  So that's exactly what I did today and boy was my heart pumping.
Was pumped to see my boy, Porkchop, on a treadmill by me, also pushing away at the cardio.  Sorry for the blurry pic but this was a shot I snapped while going up hill.
Today I boxed, did extra cardio, then hit the weights, and was all done by 7:30pm.
Walked out of System super sweaty but feeling pretty good and surrounded by some of my gym cuties who had also smashed their workouts.

No comments: