As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Friday, April 08, 2016

Food, Filming and Freezing Weather

Special delivery from the lovely ladies of Foody-Fit.... nice.
I ate the beef dish today and their mashed sweet potatoes were to die for!!!!
Hardknocks was full of lots of energy today with 
even a special appearance from a special someone.
Today a new fighter from out of country was brought in for a little "test run".
Coach Perez stepped into the ring to spar with him as did SV too and then they did pad work together.
Recorded my little intro clip for Mexico.  
I'm pretty sure I killed the Spanish language doing so but they said it was good.
In the late afternoon I had to head out to go film the commercial for Subpac so I met up with them and then we loaded up the van and left.
I snapped this shot of them as they filmed me running at location 2 of 3.
I thought running with a backpack on would be uncomfortable but they buckled me in, fixed the straps, and it was quite snug and cozy on me.
What wasn't cozy though was filming outside on a super chilly and windy day 
wearing just a thin long sleeve shirt and leggings.
We filmed on three different bridges so you know the wind was "great" there.
Hahaha.  Yes, the cold temp made it brutal but it was still a lot of fun to do.
I did a lot of running, correction, I did a lot of chasing the van while they filmed me.

No comments: