As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Sunday, May 01, 2016

Tuna Salad Delight... Sunday, May 1

INGREDIENTS:
  • chili powder
  • black peppercorns
  • salsa
  • tuna 
  • spinach
  • optional: long grain brown rice and additional veggies
DIRECTIONS:
  1. Drain the tuna and then place it in a frying pan on medium heat.  
  2. Add in the chili powder, black peppercorns and salsa.
  3. Dice up the spinach and add it after the tuna has started to fry a bit.
  4. Only keep it on the heat just long enough to stir in the spinach because spinach loses nutrients the longer it's on the heat.
  5. Pour it into a bowl, eat, enjoy... and thank me later for the delish, simple meal.
Tuna and eggs have been my go-to protein for the past couple of weeks but I love them eggs. I buy so many eggs that the kid that stocks the shelves at the local grocery store reached out to me; he offered to help feed my addition. You see, they've been running this sale on cartons of eggs this past week -- 75 cents off -- but I went today to grab some and they were all out. This sale has been on for a little over half a week now and I've gone in twice to buy eggs, today being the third time. The grocery store kid told me that they'd be shelving more discounted eggs but it won't be till Monday morning and he suspects they'll go just as quick as the others. He offered to put some away for me but when he asked me how many eggs I want I shocked him. I told him I wanted 6 cartons of eggs, that's 72 eggs at 12 per carton. When he asked me what I was going to do with all them I simply replied "eat them". Seventy-two eggs will last me 4 days at the rate I eat them.

6 eggs for meal #1: morning breakfast
3 eggs for meal #2: pre-boxing snack
6 eggs for meal #3: post-boxing meal
3 eggs for meal #4: pre-weight training snack
(Meal #5, my post-weight training meal is usually a protein shake or tuna.)
= 18 eggs a day x 4 days = 72 eggs

No comments: