As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Sunday, May 15, 2016

All Grown Up Now... Sunday, May 15

I did everything but really relax today which is really what I'm trying to make my Sundays about -- a day off training, a day of relaxing, and church in the morning.
The whole day started off on an off note with me waking up at a friend's house and being driven home at 7:30am. 

Met my ex-fiance for breakfast at 9am.

Yup, you read that right... don't be reading into it though.  We're all mature adults here and reading into things only leads to assumptions and drama.  Yes, we were once engaged but that was then.  This is now.... over 10 years later.

So ya, I met my ex-fiance for breakfast at 9am.

Breakfast was then followed by church and then I met up with him again after church for the soccer game.  His team, Belfica from Portugal, was playing so I met up with him in Little Portugal and watched it with him.  Watching any Portugease team play soccer in Little Portugal of Toronto is always quite interactive and theatrical.  Fans scream, fans yell, fans hug each other and buy randome drinks for everyone and anyone when their team is playing and winning.  And today I experienced it all.  No sooner did they win the big game but champagne bottles started filing out of the fridge and glasses we're being handed out and passed around.

Watching soccer (Belfica) was then followed by watching basketball (the Raptors) and then baseball (the Jays). Throw in the dead-on cross jab in the one inning by the Jays' opposing team and it's like I also caught some boxing action too.  One day,  three different games I caught.

No comments: