As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Monday, May 02, 2016

Bouncing Business Ideas on the Bouncy Bus... Monday, May 2

While on the bus ride home from boxing today I met this super sweet girl who bounced ideas back and forth regarding my Second Dream.  It was a most random conversation with an equally most random person but it was so good. 

It all was sparked when I left the club, crossed the street and tried to catch the bus that was about to zip by my stop.  The bus driver flew right by me as I stood in the middle of the street waving my Han for him to stop.  He never stopped, instead he zoomed by inches from my face so right when the back end of the bus drove by I reached out and slapped it as hard as I could.  It made a loud sound.  I then crossed the street and there was a girl.  She had also tried to catch the same bus and she had heard me hit it.

Conversation sparked.

I'm still juggling a lot of options and opportunities for me to pursue but I don't know which one I am really passionate about.  I don't want to pick one if I'm not totally all about it though and the fact that I have to think about it means I am either not ready or not crazy about it. 

If you have to ask, the question is no -- a truth I lean on and that's totally applicable here.

With this being the first real full summer of me being here n in Canada, I am feeling an increased pressure to figure out and launch my Second Dream.  Right now any solid ideas or business research regarding it has taken a back burner position as my personal boxing career has been put into the spotlight. 

No comments: