As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, May 12, 2016

Change in Plans... Thursday, May 12

With Korea being in a whole other time zone, it's not uncommon for me to still get text messages and phone calls on my Korean cell from those over there.  Tonight was no different.  Tonight I got a text message, several actually.

Balboa Button may be coming to Canada
NEXT WEDNESDAY, May 18th, and not May 30th.

No sooner did I get word from Korea but then I got word from the promoter in Mexico.

My May 27th fight HAS BEEN CHANGED to June 3rd and they want me to come down ten days prior to the fight.

Both news of Balboa and that regarding my fight in Mexico couldn't have been a better way to end what had been a very, very, stressful evening.  Tonight my roommate told me that she wanted to break the lease and move closer to her school so that she could better focus on her studies.  Our house has become somewhat of a party penthouse on the weekend with her sisters and cousins staying over and during the week she entertains the occasional guest too.  She also wants to leave our place because of a little four-legged problem that was once a problem but really is no more anymore.  It's on the verge of being a thing of the past but I fear she's exactly like me in that once her mind is made it may as well be in concrete.  Perhaps I can win her over with Balboa. Everyone loves that four-legged little man with his white eyebrows and jumping bean behaviour and hopefully he can help keep my apartment a home.  I really don't want to move... again.  I love where I'm living.

No comments: