As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, May 07, 2016

Hell in High Park... Saturday, May 7

Running with Coach Madman in the middle of what appeared to be an overdose of population out of control at High Park was a bit wild.  Every weekend High Park lures many locals, tourists, dog walkers, and you name it out with it's beautiful trees, spacious grounds to explore, wooded paths, dog play areas, and of course let's not forget gorgeous Grenadier Pond.  But today there was ten times the amount of people.  Word has it the cherry blossoms were suppose to be in bloom so that was the main lure today to the mounds of people that showed up.  No such luck though, most of them didn't bloom.

I'm still convinced cherry blossoms will never look as spectacular as they did in Korea.
Just saying...

Due to the extra numbers in people it meant there was also an extra number of police. I don't think I've ever seen so many police at High Park mind ya given that I haven't been here for 11 years I suppose that statement doesn't have much weight to it.  Anyways, police seemed to be every where.  But training goes on, despite the two-legged obstacles that made sprinting rather difficult, all the tourists who stopped to snap pics or watch as we trained, and the police questioning us on our training.  In a way the added extra people acted as a push for me to train harder because I knew so many eyes were on us.  At one point, when we were doing sprints on this one nasty hill, a white work truck was trying to descend it slowly.  Coach Madman and I were preparing to run up it but were nervous that the truck would be in our way.  I decided that that particular truck would be our finish line for that particular sprint so I bolted up the hill, headed straight at that truck, and when I reached it I dodged to the left and slapped the hood of it with my right hand.  

No comments: