As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, May 07, 2016

Intense Training and Due Respect for an Awesome Man

Saturdays are for killing ourselves out at High Park.
We purposely took this pic to try to grab sight of all the police here.  I guess with the cherry blossoms supposedly in bloom, which they're really not, the city sent an excess of police to control the masses here.  No cherry blossoms really in bloom but the place was super busy... busy with both spectators and police.
After training we eat.  
And then we suffer from a mix between overdosing on training and food coma.
After not really successfully recovering from today's training, I then had to get dolled up.
My former coach, Egerton Marcus, was being inducted into the Ontario Boxing Hall of Fame so a solid group of us plus many more headed out to witness this special event.
They had a full amateur boxing tournament before the ceremony but Egerton being inducted was all I had come there for.  He's such an amazing coach, such a wicked person, and he was such a talented, talented boxer too.

No comments: