As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, May 26, 2016

Just Get Me to Mexico, Please... Thursday, May 26

More sparring today but out in the Scar.... tough town Scarborough.

Found out I'm not actually leaving for Mexico tomorrow as planned.  They know the name of my opponent and I don't care to know anything about her beyond her name.  I don't want to Google her, loom her up online and research her out.  I just want to know the name of the person also training for this fight.  Up to today it just felt like me training against myself.

I need to get to Mexico.  My uniform hasn't yet arrived from Korea but I have mentally prepared myself to leave tomorrow.  Now to not go tomorrow, to hold off for another day, and then have to deal with the overdose of questioning from others about it,...anticipated mental exhaustion. 

I've already planned it that when I'm not training I'll be reading, mentally further prepping for my fight there in Mexico.  I bought a Spanish phrase book and a highly recommended sports psychology book. Just get me to Mexico so I can tune everyone out, turn everything else off in my life and just become so completely consumed with this fight.

No comments: