As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

A Day Off Everyone and Everything... Wednesday, June 22

I logged out of Facebook today, turned off my wifi, and left the house with absolutely nothing to do after one business meeting I just couldn't change or postpone. 

No social media for me today, thank you very much.

I disconnected with everyone and reconnected with one person, Foo Man Choo.

Foo Man Choo picked me up right after my business meeting and we headed out with absolutely no plan but to rest and relax.  First stop, High Park.  We sat there for a couple of hours, nipping on a late breakfast in the park and then out on one of the benches.  

I've been feeling rather overwhelmed lately, really overwhelmed.  

I'm launching my own female-only fitness company soon as well as a clothing line, that's my big news.  Those two things -- those two big things -- mixed with my boxing and weight training means I have a full plate.   

I've done it before, started my own business, but I also had a business partner, Snickers. The work was divided but now I'm doing it by myself.  And not only am I doing it myself but I'm launching two business ventures, and actually possibly a third.  

So ya, overwhelmed.

Today was good though.  It was a break from the overwhelmingly busy life that has become my reality, my life.  I talked business with Foo Man Choo but I wasn't able to make any phone calls or follow up emails.  Today was meant as a day of relaxation.

I'm not good at relaxing.  I always have to be on the go. 

Today I did something different, I relax.  I relaxed and ate ice cream.  Ice cream isn't a new thing for me but eating noodles definitely is.  Oh if only Snickers could see me now, eating noodles.  I hate eating noodles but today it was a nice change.  Change is good and I think the change I need to bring to my life is the ability to slow down and breath... if only just for a bit, like today.

No comments: