As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Chasing the Second Dream... Wednesday, July 27

TODAY'S WORK SCHEDULE...
6am -- Wake up and say goodbye to my roommate; she's going to Jamaica. 
7am -- Coach the Flipside Fitness boot camp at Riverdale Park. 
8:30am -- Update the Living on the Flipside homepage. 
9:30am -- Work on Flipside Fitness website: add stat counter, mailing list, social media links, and fix formating. 
10:30am -- Prepare Flipside flyers and handouts. 
11am -- Flyer work: post flyers around Cabbagetown and Riverdale. 
12pm -- Meeting at St. James Community Centre. 
1pm-2:30pm -- Webinar: Maximize Your Impact and Profits, for Fitness and Health Professionals. 
2:30pm -- Touch up work on the Flipside website, apply some of the webinar pointers. 
3:30pm -- Training: 60 laps in the pool. 
6pm-7pm -- Webinar: Free Blog to a 6 Figure Income. 
7pm -- Respond to business emails. 
9:30pm -- Training: leg weight training at System Fitness.
11:45pm -- Work conference call with Korea. 
12:15am -- Edit leg workout video, then post it on social media. 
1am -- Answer fan mail. 
2:30am -- Go to bed.

I had taken 17,000 steps by noon and not even half my day was done.  Everyday I'm hustling... Seriously.  Putting in the effort and time, stretching my patience and keeping the focus but not yet making a paycheck out of it.   Am definitely fueled by my passion. 

Failing is not an option because failing would mean me going back to Korea.  Korea is still very much an option on the table, however, it's both an option and a failing end to Canada, but it as an option is not the Korea I left behind but instead a revised version of the life I led. 

No comments: