As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Sunday, July 17, 2016

Missing My Four-Legged Babies in Korea

I miss my four legged crew in Korea... I miss them every single day!!!
Pacquiao was my main man.  I loved that little man with my whole heart and it really was first love at first sight with him back when I met him at Mouse Doctor's house.  It broke my heart to leave him in Korea, knowing that I possibly may never see him again.
There wasn't anything I could do or any place I could go with out him following me like a shadow.  He was a bad boy to most other people, notorious for biting people, but he was so good to me.  I would have got him to come to Canada but he's never lived alone and he definitely needs his free space to run in.  Bringing him here would be cruel.
And then there was my main girl, Pyen Chi.  Something about a dog as big as you 
that's just so comforting when you hug her.  I love her so much.
When Pyen Chi and Pac had babies we kept two of them -- Hulk Jr and Ddwedgy (Piggy).  It wasn't until a month or two after the fact that Snickers told me he actually gave them away, found homes for them.  I would never have given Hulk Jr away.  He was the last baby born, around 12:40pm, and was born right on our club's birthday.
And then of course there is Balboa.  He never was really affectionate unless he was cold but now he's come to live with me here in Canada and he's so different.  The mannerism he sports is exactly like that of Pacquiao.  I think me getting him flown over here to Canada was one of the best things that has happened to me here and one of the smartest decisions I've made.  I love him so much more now that he's with me in Canada.

No comments: