As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Monday, July 18, 2016

Up, Down, Then Up Again... Monday, July 18

Launched my first Flipside Fitness boot camp here in the North and was pleasantly "rewarded" with a text message a few hours later.  It read "I'm so sore already my body is dying". 

Her pain is my pleasure.

I was having a fabulous day up until about noon though, when a sponsor called me to disect over the phone my year here in Canada and what I have to show for being here. I headed to the pool for my laps with tears in my eyes after getting blasted during that phone call.

I would have loved to shake off evening team training at Clancy's but I knew that all I had to do was just get myself there.   Everything would be all right once I arrived.  I'd be greeted by the kick a$$ cool manager, Coach Rico would greet me with a smile and probably a hug or fist pump, my favourite training buddy would yell out my ring name at the sight of me, and I'd see a lot of familiar, smiling faces of people I've trained with and those I haven't.  The club vibe is always positive though so I knew I just had to get myself there and I'd be cool.

Got myself to Clancy's and it was all up hill from there.

My buddy, Captain Bowtie, surprised me tonight by picking me after training and I surprised him with just how bad I can "kill sexy", as he put it.  I was soaked to the bone and smelly.  He tried to be sweet but then broke, told me I stank and then opened up the car windows.... nice... hahaha.

No comments: