As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Friday, July 08, 2016

Rockin' it Out with Fabulous Friends

Am in love with my 80's high top jeans, seriously.
I was heading out to the Bovine tonight for a friend's live concert and I know enough about the place to know that it's like a throwback to the 80's and 90's whenever I go there.
Before the concert though, I met up with other friends -- a friend who is writing a book about me.  We had book talk to discuss so that was really exciting for me.  He's got such awesome ideas and it's pretty cool to see how it's all coming together.
Then we all headed to the Bovine to see a friend of ours -- a friend we all went to public school with.  Childhood friends are the bestest of best.
Rocked out to my buddy rocking it out on stage.
He's always been all about his music as long as I can remember and so it's great to see how he's kept up with it and is just as in love with as I remember.

No comments: