As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Wednesday, August 10, 2016

A Big Boast of Reassurance... Wednesday, August 10

In between doing my laps in the pool and hitting the weights at System I met up with my ex-fiance for an espresso.  A double espresso and then a random single one, to be exact.

I needed to vent, I needed some motivation, and I most definitely needed a caffeine fix.

Snickers has been texting me and calling me a lot lately... a lot.  And as much as I am okay hearing from him, it's really not helping me move forward with my life here in Canada. 

Korea was the best thing and worst thing that's happened to my life and moving back to Canada has been the hardest thing I've ever done. Now the truth about it all is unveiling itself to my friends and family and it's ugly.  

My exfiance, aka Poo, and I talked about this today along with my struggle here in Canada with establishing my niche.  But after three shots of espresso and some tears later, Poo reassured me that I can do what I'm wanting to do, my Second Dream, I just have to stop being my own obstacle -- stop comparing Canada to Korea and how everything works at a different pace there.  This ISN'T Korea, a fact too often I seem to ignore when I expect Canada to function like Korea.  My conversation with Poo ended with him looking at me and telling me that when I make it big he knows I'm going to be so happy and so hyper.  "I'm going to look at you and tell you, Amy, you exhaust me", he noted and I laughed. 

"You exhaust me", what was originally said to me as I was then left me on the side of the highway shocked and so incredibly insulted has become one of the biggest jokes among my friends and I.  It seems like everyone wants to randomly work that into our conversations these days.  It's just too funny.

Poo dropped me off at System Fitness and before I got out of his Porsche I hugged him.  We had had such a good talk; it's exactly what I needed.  And on that note I headed into System and had one of the most intense and most focused workouts I have had in awhile.  I was like a beast.  It was awesome.  

No comments: