As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Friday, August 26, 2016

The Freaks Come Out at Night... Friday, August

What was suppose to be a quite night at the library, a chance for me to really geek out on some business research I needed to get done, turned into quite the unexpected embarrassing situation.

I had just finished looking up some books on the online catalogue when some guy who obviously saw my boxing name on the back of my sweater called out my name.  

Him:  Hey Dead Aim, I like your shorts.
Me:  Thanks.
Him:  Hey Dead Aim, where are your shorts?
Me:  Huh?!

He had yelled out to me, causing several people to look at him, give him a little "hush it" with their frowned eyebrows, and then they looked at me when he yelled the second time.  I didn't even bother for the elevator.  Instead I scurried up the stairs and decked into the first shelf units I caught sight of.  Little did I know it but this randomer followed me up.  

I found my books I was looking for, sat on the ground, flipped the first book open and then so unexpectantly a book fell right beside me.  Two books fell, one right after the other.  Strange.  I didn't really care to peek around the shelf or whatnot, time was ticking and the library was closing soon so I had to focus on the books.  

Then four books fell.  Two of them crashed into my left shoulder and elbow.

The crash was instantly followed with a giggle -- a giggle from behind the shelf unit.  

As soon as I noticed that it was that randomer from before, the one who had yelled at me about my shorts, I yelled out "security".  Security came alright, oh gosh, and fast too.  I had actually talked to this particular security guard a few weeks back, about the library hours.  He recognised me right when he swung around the corner and I think it was because he recognised me that he did what he did next.  He made a big scene.  I was almost embarrassed for the randomer and almost stuck up for him at that point.  He got kicked out but not after the security guard raised his voice and embarrassed him. 

Oh gosh.

Note to self, next time check out the books and take them home to study in peace.

No comments: