As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Another Year and Still so Greatly Missed

  Enjoyed a beautiful picnic out here in Toronto today, at my mom's cemetery plot, with family.
It was a sad occasion that brought us together and made this happy occasion -- a time of family.
I got to see my gorgeous girls so I'm always happy when that happens.  I love these girls so much!
For those who know me and know how I always wear my love earrings, this is why I love them so much.  My brother's oldest daughter, Big E, has love earrings too.  She has two holes in each of her ears, I only have one, and she likes gold, not silver like me, so I got her a special pair of love earrings for her.
 Despite being in a cemetery, we had an enjoyable time.  The cemetery is quite pretty actually.

 It's also super adorable to watch my big brother tend to his little girls.  Today he made them sandwiches at our picnic.  He's such a good dad to those precious little ladies.
 Another year marks my mom's passing, another year without her.  Sometimes it still shocks me that she's not here.  She wasn't taken from us suddenly but a person like her, well, it's almost as if you never expect them to go anywhere.  God always takes the good too early.
I had posted what today was on my Facebook via posting the above picture and tonight, friends at System who saw my posting, greeting me with hugs and extra smiles.  Always awesome to have a solid support system.

No comments: