As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Monday, September 05, 2016

From Super Sick to Super Smiley

 
 Day two with my little nephew at Sick Kids.
He went for several tests today meaning that we traveled to a lot of different rooms
and places within this massive hospital.
 You definitely have to give it to Sick Kids for really making this a kid-centered place, wow. 
 I learned all about this necklace today.  Apparently each kid gets one with each visit to Sick Kids.  The different beads mean different things, like those green ones.  Each green bead represents one stitch.  My nephew got so many stitches though that my sister-in-law decided to make each bead represent 2 stitches.
 A lot went down today, both good and bad, but we ended this very, very, VERY long day with one very happy, hungry boy.  He hasn't been eating since he arrived but tonight he got his appetite back so we ordered him a massive plate of spaghetti.

No comments: