As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Friday, October 28, 2016

A Change in Scenery and Unexpected Break

Sported my skull kettlebell tank top for work -- keeping hard training fun for the ladies.
Always working.  Am trying to set up getting my personal training license.  It's yet another thing for me to take on and conquer but it's something I really need and want.  The hustle is real.
 A change in business plans meant a chance to get a change in scenery.
When my afternoon business meeting turned into an evening one, I had to cancel heading out to Clancy's tonight (wouldn't be able to make it on time for 8:30pm coaching) and then was treated out later in the evening.
The change of scenery, the beautiful lobby bar of the Shangri-La Hotel.


The place is absolutely gorgeous but the live music, oversized Japanese art, and cozy couches all add up to make a place that just oozes with romance.

A Friday night not spent in training gear and/or on the subway traveling home?!
Ya, this was definitely a first.

No comments: