As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Monday, October 24, 2016

A Continuation of the Week's Hectic Schedule... Monday, October 24

I woke up to the smell of flowers in my room – flowers that had been given to me yesterday. 

It was a brutally packed weekend and I was hoping to have today to recover, refresh and breath from it all but no such luck.  It was go, go, go from the moment I woke up.  At 4am I got a phone call from Korea and though I may have woken up to the smell of flowers, 4am is still 4am.  There was no disguising the brutalness of that.

Took the phone call and then went back to bed.

Woke up a few hours later, ready to start the day and attack my list of things to do.

I’m in the process of trying to plan a visit back to Korea, to get my stuff and do some legal stuff that needs to be done.  But in trying to plan this, I’m also trying to map out plans for the following…
  • Personal training licensing course
  • Remaining due courses for my boxing coach license
  • Getting my police record background check (for coaching license)
  • Setting up a possible next fight overseas
  • Figuring out where I’ll be living once the lease is up at my apartment
  • Planning a club Christmas party
  • Getting my G1 license
  • Setting up when to take the CPR/First Aid course

No comments: