As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Friday, November 04, 2016

From Early Morning to Super Late Night

 
 An early morning of coaching lead to a late evening of coaching.
I trained this fierce female at my gym and then we zoomed off to Clancy's to join the rest of Team Blue but not before we grabbed some gas.  Note how she still has her boxing boots and handwraps on... love it!!!
 Tonight we celebrated a birthday of one of our fighters so a special birthday cake was baked up.  I tell ya, I don't know what Team Red is doing but Team Blue definitely has the team bonding and team support down to an art.  They're right on par.
 Happy birthday and happy eating -- a birthday cake made out of bananas and healthy ingredients, super yum!
 This was happy eating too but it was borderline "dirty" too, and by dirty I mean the calorie intake in those salted caramel pancakes weren't exactly low.  This was a meal for two, a definite cheat meal... a meal to celebrate the start of going hardcore with our training.  Crunch date is February for me.
The way to my heart is through my tummy and pancakes are my biggest weakness.
I didn't actually order the pancakes, he did, but I'm definitely making a "touch-my-pancake-and-die" look... yikes.
 And then, just like that, ALL the pancakes were gone!!!
 Driving home we spotted this silver man.  I have no idea why the space suit but I giggled so hard watching him I swear I thought I was going to pee my pants!

No comments: