METHOD 1: Treating minor muscle injuries.
1. Rest the muscle, no longer than 2 weeks.
2. Ice the area.
3. Compress the muscle.
4. Elevate the injured limb.
5. Avoid H.A.R.M. – heat, alcohol, running and massage.
METHOD 2 : Reducing pain with medicine.
1. Take acetaminophen, like ibuprofen, for the first two days.
2. Ask your doctor about prescription pain-relief creams.
3. Request a prescription pain-reliever for severe pain.
METHOD 3: Getting medical attention.
1. Get a diagnosis.
2. Ask about physical therapy.
3. See a doctor to rule out other conditions.
4. Seek medical attention for a third degree tear.
5. Discuss surgical treatment options for ruptures and tears.
6. Follow up with your physician.
METHOD 4: Amy’s way of merging the 3 different methods.
1. Get a diagnosis from a physio therapist.
2. Apply pain-relief cream.
3. Get taping done on my arm.
4. Buy an acetaminophen – ibuprofen.
5. Give it a few days and then report back to the physio therapist.