As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Sunday, December 25, 2016

A Green Christmas with Family... Sunday, December 25

The last time I was at Disney World... Disney Land (?!)... I think I was eight.  I was eight years old and it was the first time and last time I thought I'd ever be here.

I don't do crowds;  I don't even do things with groups of my own friends.

I don't do overly touristy stuff.

I don't do anything or go anywhere that sports a big price tag.

I don't have kids so I don't do kid-related things.

And yet here I was, in a party of 12 in the most jam-packed, overpriced place that's packed with overpriced things and that reeks of tourists, most of which are kids because the place IS for kids, on Christmas.

Merry Christmas.

We had woken up at 7am, traveled all the way out there, and then returned home around 10:30pm, totally exhausted from the excessive walking and fun in the sun.  I hadn't actually met any Disney princesses but had traveled there with two of the cutest Filipino princesses, my nieces.  

It was a green Christmas, a very unexpected kind of Christmas, but it was definitely a much more celebrated Christmas than what I've experienced in the past decade because I had celebrated it with family.  

So yes, it was a merry Christmas.

No comments: