As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, December 24, 2016

On American Soil


We had crossed the border last night but today we boarded the plane and flew out to Florida.
Most of our crew was already out there, waiting for us.
Seven of our 12 were already at the house in Orlando and today the remaining 5 of us joined them.
In the evening we headed out together to a candlelight Christmas Eve service where we sung hymns, listened to a sermon and then treated ourselves to some treats.  

Hello cookies, goodbye keto.... it's okay though, I'm on vacation and I only plan to be anti-keto for a bit.  

Tonight I did have a couple of cookies but I was smart about it.  I picked some random kid who looked like he was serious about cookies and asked him for his recommendations.  Kid was more serious than I thought -- after the service he asked me about my opinion of his choices. 

I spotted Santa at church and he looks like he's gone keto since the last time I saw him! 
We had a special family birthday to celebrate but then it was lights out for me.  We're staying in this sweet five bedroom house and I'm sharing the "Princess room" with my two nieces... my two nieces who are definitely adorable princesses.  Disney princesses have nothing on them! 

No comments: