As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, December 08, 2016

Another Opportunity Knocks... Thursday, December 8

My boxing promoter in Mexico contacted me today.  He offered me a fight and I'm thinking about taking it.  He offered me the opportunity to come early, to acclimatize, and I'm thinking about taking him up on that too.  

Originally I was going to head out to the Philippines, train there, then go fight in Korea. But now with what happened at my gym, I no longer feel obligated or committed, so why wouldn't I go.  I'm not going to live full time in Canada off part time hours. I'm seriously thinking about taking the fight in Mexico, but first I have to find out the details of it.  I don't care to be stuck in Mexico again, but then again would that be really so bad if I was there a little longer.  It's not like I have to rush back for anything.  I'd go from Mexico straight to the Philippines.  I loved Mexico.  Mexico was awesome and they were really good to me, minus the lack of return ticket that is and the sketchiness surrounding my fight.  

My thinking now, if I had to decide right here, right now... I'd go to Mexico a month before the fight, train there, then go to the Philippines, train there and then fight there. Forget wanting to fight in Korea.  I'm doing fighting there and I'm done fighting it. I'm already fighting too much with Korea, beyond the ring that is, and I'm not even there any more.  I think me going there to fight may be too much in terms of distraction, drama and destruction.  

No comments: