As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, December 08, 2016

Working Long and Hard

 Was forced to take the day off training on account of my fresh tattoo so I headed out to do work after work.  I had coached at the female-only gym downtown from 12-8pm and then worked on Flipside Fitness and my Second Dream till closing, 8:30pm-1am.
 This is what a healthy version of a cheese burger meal looks like.
And this is what an unhealthy keto cheeseburger meal looks like today.
I'm not one for fried food and I'm not even one for hamburger buns but my body has been suffering from mad carb cravings so tonight I overdosed on carbs, to get it out of my system.  I ate so many carbs, both the clean ones and some really dirty ones, like a peanut butter cookie, but I can honestly say I won't want a carb for a very, very long time.  When all was said and done, and I had enhaled all those carbs, I sat there sit to my tummy, dry heaving because I thought I was going to puke!!!

No comments: