As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, December 24, 2016

Christmas Doesn't Have Carbs... Saturday, December 24

Keto has officially left the building.  Actually, I think I left Keto back in Canada.

The plan was to bench keto tomorrow and just enjoy the holidays without any restrictions or any awareness given towards what I'm eating (or NOT eating) but I did already get my sticky little Polish hands on some carbs.  It's harder than I thought and not because I'm on vacation but because I'm on vacation with 11 other people, one of which is an amazing baker and who has brought his notoriously talked-about sticky rice dessert.  His dessert alone is reason enough for me to take a commercial break and splurge.

I've always, always, ALWAYS have lost weight while on vacation but I sense this will be the first one in which I don't.  [Add face palm here!!!]

Tomorrow I'll be going to the Magic Kingdom for Christmas and then the next day I'll be going to ihop.  Definitely not going to be keto for Ihop.  Ihop stands for International House of Pancakes. Pancakes are my absolute favourite of favourite cheat foods and, well, you can't go to Ihop and just eat eggs and bacon.  That's just silly talk.  That's ridiculous and that's pointless.

Okay, so I'll be benching keto tomorrow for Christmas and then Boxing Day for breakfast.  

Christmas carbs don't count... or so I tell myself.


No comments: