As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Friday, December 09, 2016

Moving Forward

 O Christmas tree, how beautiful are you!!!
With my Friday morning now free, I headed out for a special lunch at the Mill Street Brew Pub today.  It's located in the gorgeous Distillery District.
 Had lunch with this yummy man... not sure what was yummier, him or the food.
I'll let you be the judge of my pondering thought -- here's my yummy meal.
It was a keto perfect meal -- lots of healthy fats, a whack of fresh veggies and a delish protein.  In it, there was avocado, bacon, steak, egg, blue cheese, greens, tomatoes, and cucumbers.
 After hitting it hard at boxing and on the weights, I think hit it hard at Snakes and Lattes.  Trying to play hard and not just train hard.  Played Cards Against Humanity.
...and downed another fabulous salad.  This particular salad doesn't look like much and I've never been a fan of salads but this cesaer was loaded with prosciutto and it made me a believer in the power of a good loaded salad!
I took this picture earlier today, it's rather out of the timeline loop here, but I wanted to share it with you because I think it's a beautiful picture and I think this person deserves a special spotlight.
This is Skittles.
He's my biggest business mentor here in Canada and he believes in me even when I don't.  I know I'm blessed to have him in my life and I'm grateful for the pushes, the encouragement and the motivation he's given me that have allowed me to continue in a forward motion. If there's anyone who I want to be like and aspire to be it'd be him.

No comments: