As the story has it, I woke up and found myself on the very opposite side of the globe – the flipside. I arrived February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d simply do a year, then leave. Years later and I’m still here. I went from being some random foreign girl to taking on labels I never imagined – university professor, film extra, professional boxer, CEO of my own girls-only fitness company, Flipside Fitness, and CEO of my own boxing club, Korea's largest -- Hulk's Club, formerly known as Hulk's Boxing.

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I picked up one day and left. I returned to Toronto, Canada but only to pack up my bags and venture out again. Now I'm living in Makate, Philippines. Life, for me, is better in Asia and I'm so happy here. This a new chapter in the book of my life though, it's a whole new book I've started!!! I'm a whole new woman and I left Korea with Flipside Fitness on my brain, Hulk's in my heart, boxing in my bag, and my four-legged friend Balboa Button by my side.

Life is an adventure and this is my story of yesterday.

Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Feeling Like I Could Hulk Out... Tuesday, January 24

I was at System Fitness training early today and by "early" I mean earlier than my usual 9:30pm start time.  I started training at 7:15pm and was going absolutely bonkers because of the overflow of people at the gym.  A spinning class was going with meant I couldn't hit the bag, all the benches were taken and pretty much all the free weights were being used too.

The place was absolutely packed!

I don't like crowds so a packed gym is not the kind of gym I want to train in.  It's the main reason why I train so late in the evening.  

It was bonkers today.

Throw in the fact that my wifi wasn't working so I had no music to train to and spotting a bench and the weights I needed was like an impossible task and, yeah, I left super frustrated.

No comments: