As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Monday, January 23, 2017

I Have a Creeper... Monday, January 23

I have a creeper!

I have my share of adoring/borderline-too-much fans, I use to have a hate fan, I've got a crazed fan, and now I have a creeper fan.

My adoring/borderline-too-much fans seem to live either in Mexico or the Middle East -- fans of mine who repeatively confess their love for me via Facebook texts or pictures of flowers and themselves sent in emails.  I know their messages come from a good place in that they don't mean me harm and are just being sweet.  I feel a bit sad for them though in that I wish they'd find love in their own country, direct their attention to someone there, because they are quite generous with their words of admiration and they always speak positively.  

My hate fan, he did exactly that -- he hated.  He hated the fact I wouldn't give him a chance, he hated the fact that he stood no chance, and he hated the fact that I ignored him.  His Facebook pics loaded with guns and army stuff was enough to freak me out.  He lives in the next city and For a while there I was nervously going about my day, checking my back, wondering if he'd show up wherever I was going.  I didn't know if he was more bark than bite but when I started to stay consistent with ignoring his texts and letting my phone ring and ring whenever he called, he got the picture and eventually gave up.  He came along right before my fight in Mexico and he sizzled out around fall.  His hate only lasted for two seasons.

My crazed fan, he still messages me.  He's probably reading this right now and freaking out because his guilty conscious knows I'm totally referring to him here.  He came along last May, I think, and he's still around.  He messaged me at exactly 5:03am today, seven texts.  I don't think he is harmful, just perhaps lonely, but I have no idea why he continues to message me.  

And now I have a creeper.  He's older and he's local...super local.  So local in fact that if I don't change my training times I could and would continue to run into him.  I refuse to change up my training because him and instead am hoping I have the guts to totally call him out when he approaches me next time at the gym.  I thought perhaps I was reading too into what happened at the gym and then the text messages he sent to me after it but everyone whom I've talked to about it says I need to be careful and that he's clearly overstepped the boundaries.  

He goes by two different names but I know him by one -- "Creeper".  Of course I don't call that to his face and of course my friends and those who know about him at the gym have been "more creative" with giving him a nickname.  

No comments: