As the story has it, I woke up and found myself on the very opposite side of the globe – the flipside. I arrived February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d simply do a year, then leave. Years later and I’m still here. I went from being some random foreign girl to taking on labels I never imagined – university professor, film extra, professional boxer, CEO of my own girls-only fitness company, Flipside Fitness, and CEO of my own boxing club, Korea's largest -- Hulk's Club, formerly known as Hulk's Boxing.

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I picked up one day and left. I returned to Toronto, Canada but only to pack up my bags and venture out again. Now I'm living in Makate, Philippines. Life, for me, is better in Asia and I'm so happy here. This a new chapter in the book of my life though, it's a whole new book I've started!!! I'm a whole new woman and I left Korea with Flipside Fitness on my brain, Hulk's in my heart, boxing in my bag, and my four-legged friend Balboa Button by my side.

Life is an adventure and this is my story of yesterday.

Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Positive Vibes at Training


Yup, that's my pastor and my pastor is cooler than yours, just saying.
Nothing says you have a solid support system like your pastor showing up at the gym with hugs.  He trains at System, that's where we met, and every time I see him he always is sure to greet me with a hug and a healthy dose of positive vibes. 
Awhile back an older man cornered me at the drinking fountain at System Fitness and insisted I punch him.  I didn't know whether to be insulted because he thought I must be weak because I'm a girl or that he thought I punched for free.  He's not the first guy that's approached me as such but he was the first one I actually punched on request. Tonight he showed up... and insisted more punches.  Went a few rounds on him, on camera.

No comments: