As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Monday, January 16, 2017

Working on "THE" Dream

 I've started packing up my stuff for storage, for when I move to the Philippines, and today I came across a poem a girl, an artist, sitting on a street corner once wrote for me this past summer.  
 She had asked me what I wanted the poem to be about and I said I was only going to give her the title of it -- "My Second Dream".  She then sat down, pondered for a bit, and then eagerly typed out on her typewriter anything and everything that came to her mind.  This was her poem.

Back when she wrote the poem even I didn't really know what my Second Dream was but now I do.  And now I see just how relevant and dead on she was with her words.
 ...and then I went and spend $40 on two hamburgers, ouch.
Not the wisest of decisions I've done but I decided to treat someone tonight, in between slaving away on my business proposal and, well, slaving away again on my business proposal.  

No comments: