As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, February 23, 2017

A Much Needed Break... Thursday, February 23

I was MIA to everyone and anyone trying to get a hold of me today.

I just wanted to be left alone to sleep so that's exactly what I did, I made myself totally unavailable.  Later on in the evening someone dropped off flowers, a card and a meal to cheer me up.

The stress of Balboa's papers reached a ridiculous height the other day and there still seems to be no end in sight.  Apparently it's all going down on Monday.

On Monday...
Balboa has a vet appointment at 11:30am.
After the vet he has to get his paper's signed by CIFA's official vet in Markham.
These papers then have to be dropped off at the Philippine Consolate.
...or do I have to head to the Ontario Government office to get them notarized?!

The "adventure" continues.

...and now you know why I just wanted to take a break from it all.

I didn't want to hear about the Philippines today or the paper work mess with Balboa.  I craved silence.  Silence was what I gave myself.

No comments: