As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, February 23, 2017

Clearing the Head of Can't...

We all come to that moment when we just need to shut people off... turn the outside world off.  And often it's not because of anything particularly overly stressful but instead it's because somewhere along the line of doing this and that for them and for those, we forget to just be us for our own sake.  We forget to have some down time.
Today I took a break from everyone and everything, work included.
I'm leaving for the Philippines next week and today felt like the calm in the storm, the last break before the second rush of things.
I didn't do much today and my interaction with people was limited to just one.
I did however figure out what potential breed of dog I want my girl to be.

No comments: